Me thinks the Puppet Supper meme has set loose!
From Tanya Padilla,
I hope that you can join us this Saturday March 8th 7-10pm at the Puppet Circus Dinner Cabaret event at Million Fishes Arts Collective. This is the sneak preview of “Carlitos and the Magic Garden”, the puppet show that I have been cooking up these past many moons. The food is going to be amazing and accompanied by the rambling entertainment of dancing cows, accordions, a samba doctor and a charming grandma. This event is a benefit for the future projects of Youth Food Works, a branch of the non-profit arts organization ArtsChange I work with. We will be traveling through the East Bay performing puppet shows for preschools, elementary schools, and health centers as well as collaborating with local artists to host puppetry, performance, and music workshops themed around healthy food and community building.
Here’s a peek at the menu (lots o veggie alternatives)
- black bean sopes with queso fresco
- tamalitos with chicken mole
- quesadillas with asparagus and mushrooms
- golden beet and watercress salad
- pomelo, jicama and orange salad
- chicken skewers with orange chipotle glaze
- tofu skewers with orange chipotle glaze
- caldo de pollo ( chicken soup with vegetables) or vegetable soup
- olive oil sauterne cake with organic strawberries and whipped cream
Million Fishes Gallery
2501 Bryant Street,
San Francisco, CA
Cost : $45 – $100
ALSO If you can’t make it this night, we are doing one more public puppet show at MOCHA the children’s art museum in Oakland before touring the preschools. This is a FREE show on Sat. March 15th at 1pm.
538 Ninth Street
btwn Washington & Clay
Oakland, California 94607